Value of Tourism for Great Falls and Montana – Event October 7, 2020
Jobs, Community, Economy – Tourism is a leading industry for Montana strengthening small businesses and supporting thousands of jobs. While Covid19 has been a great disrupter for the global economy, now is the time to consider how tourism will be part of Montana’s story of recovery.
By understanding the past, we can steer our path to the future. While we’ll adapt to a new world, future opportunities will present themselves and we want to be ready for them with the right partners in place.
In other years, Voices of Montana Tourism would host a legislative candidate lunch with a panel of business leaders to provide education on tourism. By moving to this online format, we want to offer our candidates a forum to share their perspective. All pre-registered candidates will have an opportunity to speak and respond to questions. The webinar will be open to Great Falls voters, businesses and tourism stakeholders.
Voices of Montana Tourism is an independent non-profit that provides education and does not advocate for political candidates, legislation or policy.
12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Introduction by Dax Schieffer, Director of Voices of Montana Tourism
- The role of Destination Marketing Organizations for Montana communities, Rebecca Engum, Executive Director of Great Falls Montana Tourism
- Region Perspective, Gayle Fisher with Central Montana
- Legislator panel questions as presented by Stuart Doggett, Executive Director of Montana Lodging & Hospitality Association
- Legislator candidate panel responses
- Facilitate question and answers for panelists
- Adjourn by 1 p.m.
Resources and presentations:
Event Page with Videos and Resources
Value of Tourism for Great Falls and Montana
Role of DMO – Central Montana
Local Impact – Visit Great Falls
Dax Schieffer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Engum – Rebecca@VisitGreatFalls.org
Gayle Fisher – email@example.com
Stuart Doggett – firstname.lastname@example.org